Monday, February 1, 2010

Simply b

It took me a while to come up with the name for my burgeoning photography business. It had to be just right. I didn't know what that meant... exactly. But I just kept trying, testing, tasting different names. The way they rolled of the tongue. How they looked in print. How they made me feel.

And then one morning there it was. Simply b.

I knew at once that I had found my name.

At first glance it's a nod to my daughter. Miss B. But upon further reflection it is a statement describing my style. My process when taking photographs. I want each picture to be a moment. Your moment. Simple, yet you. It's not about the photograph. It's about the memory that is captured therein. It's about the way it makes you feel when you see it.

Be. Simply.

When I first heard this song, a video began to create itself in my mind. The families I've photographed. The relationships between parents and children.... brothers and sisters... moms and dads. As I listened to the words, their moments fit.

I hope you enjoy watching these memories and listening to this song.



2 comments:

Mom Sense February 2, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

VERY VERY nice Amy!! Wonderful job putting those together with that music too. You have a wonderful thing going here.

Laura Lofgreen February 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Amy, I love it. You really capture their little personalities and are so talented.

Simply b Photos on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP